Home Icon LS Blogging Tips Icon LS Family Icon LS Photography Icon LS Social Media Icon LS Consumer Info. Icon LS Strabismus Icon LS Freebies Icon LS Link Ups Icon LS Advertise Icon LS

December 16, 2013

A Yum in my Tum Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcake Recipe!

Apparently, my website is turning into a regular food blog!  What can I say; I’ve been enjoying baking and food photography quite a bit.  Don’t worry, I don’t plan on making the switch to a food blog; I enjoy writing about an assortment of topics too much to make a switch.  Besides, I don’t always have the time to cook something new every day.  I don’t know how these food bloggers do it (God bless ‘em)!  Although, with the holidays quickly approaching, I thought what better time than now to start baking!

If you missed my previous recipe posts, all from either the Taste of Home magazine or their Bakeshop Favorites book, feel free to catch up.  My favorite, so far, have been the frosted banana bars.  The frosting is to die for!

Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
The Best Frosted Banana Bar Recipe
Easy Peasy Cookie Cupcakes
Peppermint Biscotti with Chocolate Drizzle
Easy Banana Coconut Muffins (this one’s my own recipe)

And here’s another fabulous recipe!  Don’t let all the ingredients scare you; these weren’t hard to make at all.  This is coming from an inexperienced cook, so if I don’t think it’s difficult, then you can trust me.  Of course, I’m not sure I can reference myself as “inexperienced” anymore; I have come a long way in only a couple of months!  And I hate to say this being superstitious and all, but, so far, my end results have been a success every time.  I can’t even begin to explain how excited that makes me!

Anyhow, moving on…

CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE CUPCAKES
(Click here for the PRINTABLE version)

Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes via Cropped Stories

PREP TIME: 30 min. / BAKE: 25 min. + cooling / MAKES: 20 cupcakes

INGREDIENTS:
1 package (8 ounces) of cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups of sugar, divided
1 egg
1 teaspoon of salt, divided
1 cup (6 ounces) of semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/4 cup of baking cocoa
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 cup of water
1/3 cup of canola oil
1 tablespoon of white vinegar

FROSTING:
3 3/4 cups of confectioners' sugar
3 tablespoons of baking cocoa
1/2 cup of butter, melted
6 tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/3 cup of chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS:

1. For filling, in a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup of sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and 1/2 teaspoon of salt until combined. Fold in chocolate chips; set aside.

2. In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, remaining sugar and salt. In another bowl, whisk the water, oil, and vinegar; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.

3. Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full with batter. Drop filling by heaping tablespoonfuls into the center of each. Bake at 350 degrees for 24-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.

4. For frosting, in a large mixing bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, cocoa, butter, milk, and vanilla; beat until blended. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with pecans. Store in the refrigerator.

Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes via Cropped Stories

So, what do you think? Doable? Feel free to drop me a comment if you try making them; I’d love to hear how they turned out!

On a final note, if you missed my previous post, Parenting like the Parisians, by Jen at Drinking the Whole Bottle, you should definitely check it out.  You may have a little French in you and not even know it!

As a reminder, The PINcentive Blog Hop, goes live tonight at 11:00PM EST, so we hope to see you there! 

8 comments :

  1. Just bought cream cheese (it was on sale) this past weekend in hopes to find a great recipe on Pinterest. Totally going to try yours now and thanks so much Elena for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! Your photography is great. I wish I could learn how to photograph food that well. What type of camera are you using, btw?

    Tenns @ New Mama Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are our very favorite cupcakes! We call them 'Surprise Cupcakes' because the cheesecake in the middle is always a surprise for someone who doesn't know it's there. Beautiful photographs too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so good!!! =)
    I love cupcakes, and chocolate ones are my favorite!
    Pinned to my Cupcakes board.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious! Found your post on the Pincentive Blog Hop.. Pinned to my recipes board! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, these look delicious! It's pinned and being featured this week on Makeovers & Motherhood's Welcome Party Wednesday Link-Up! Thanks so much for sharing! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these look amazing! love the combo of chocolate and cream cheese together :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...